Terms for use of the Aviva name and Logo
To enable you to download the images of the Aviva name and the Aviva logo you must agree and accept the following Terms and Conditions.
The Aviva name and the Aviva logo are registered trade marks of Aviva Group companies in the UK and Worldwide.
In this Agreement unless the context otherwise requires the following expressions will have the following meaning:-
“Logo” means the Aviva logo as available to and/or any variation or similar mark;
“Aviva name” means the word “Aviva” however displayed and in any form or format;
“Aviva Company” means Aviva plc and any subsidiary from time to time of Aviva plc;
“Permitted Purpose” means any of: selling and advising on Products (provided that You have any required legal and regulatory authorisations and additionally in the case of selling Products, provided that you have in force an agreement with the appropriate Aviva Company or a third party validly acting on its behalf to do so), of providing information on any Aviva Company, reporting on any Aviva Company and its Products, provided that any such provision of information or reporting is fair and lawful; endorsements or associations with any Aviva Company and its products;
“Products” means the goods and services provided by or on behalf of any Aviva Company;
“You” means the individual or company to whom agrees and accepts these Terms and Conditions.
The name “Aviva” and the Logo are registered trade marks belonging to Aviva Companies in the United Kingdom and Worldwide. You wish to use and display the Aviva name and the Logo and the relevant Aviva Company is willing to permit You to do so on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
- In consideration of You agreeing to comply with the terms of this Agreement, the Aviva Company hereby grants You a non-exclusive, and non-transferable licence free of charge to use the Aviva name and the Logo for the Permitted Purpose and to do so on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall commence when You agree and accept these terms and conditions and shall continue in force for as long as the Aviva name and/or the Logo is used by You or until terminated in accordance with Clause 5 or 7 of this Agreement.
- You undertake:
- to use the Aviva name and the Logo in accordance with specifications laid down, directions given, and information supplied by the Aviva Company and by persons authorised by the Aviva Company from time to time;
- to use the Aviva name and the Logo only for the Permitted Purpose; and
- to permit the Aviva Company or its authorised representative at all reasonable times to enter Your premises for the purpose of inspecting the use of the Aviva name and the Logo; and
- not to alter, amend or distort the Aviva name and/or the Logo in any way.
- You further undertake:
- to use the Aviva name and the Logo without alteration or modification and in such manner and with such acknowledgement of proprietorship as shall from time to time be stipulated by the Aviva Company;
- not to apply any other trademark to the Aviva name and/or the Logo (save as may be expressly agreed otherwise) nor any other matter in writing liable to injure the reputation or distinctiveness of the Aviva name and/or the Logo; and
- not to use the Aviva name and/or Logo in any way which might cause the Aviva Company or any member of the Aviva group of companies to be brought into disrepute
- If in the sole discretion of the Aviva Company, You use or propose to use the Aviva name and/or the Logo in any way which may injure the reputation or the validity of the trade marks in the Aviva name and/or the Logo or the reputation of the Aviva Company or any member of the Aviva group of companies, the Aviva Company may terminate this Agreement immediately.
- You hereby indemnify the Aviva Company, Aviva plc and all companies within the Aviva group of companies against all and any liability, loss, damages, costs, legal costs, professional and other expenses of any nature whatsoever incurred or suffered by any such company as a result of You using the Aviva name and/or the Logo otherwise than as permitted by this Agreement.
- This Agreement will be terminated in the following circumstances:
- by the Aviva Company giving You written notice;
- immediately if You are in breach of any obligation or condition of this Agreement;
- Upon termination of this Agreement for whatever reason You shall immediately cease to make use of the Aviva name and/or the Logo and will within 30 days of such termination either deliver up to the Aviva Company or (as directed by the Aviva Company) destroy any material bearing the Aviva name and/or the Logo.
- You may not assign or sub-license any right or permission given to you under this Agreement.
- This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any dispute in relation to it shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in England and Wales.